OBJECTIVES OF UMBRELLA INITIATIVE FOR EMPOWERMENT
- Training communities in Livelihood improvement activities
- To equip youth and women with modern agricultural skills for improved production.
- To enhance the competitiveness and productivity of youth and women’s enterprises through skills development trainings
- To promote gender equity and women empowerment among communities
- To empower youth and women with appropriate health information for better decision making
- Advocate for gender sensitive bye-laws and policies from grassroots to national level. Mainstream gender into all UIE projects and activities.
- To increase literacy rates in the target communities.
- To promote public health and HIV/AIDS education
- To network with other organizations to provide public health and HIV/AIDS education among communities
- To sensitize communities on reproductive health and HIV/AIDS education to communities.
- To Promote leadership programme in communities and schools
- To Provide sponsorship to disadvantaged children
- To Promote Tree planting and environmental education in schools and communities
- To equip communities with knowledge and skills to conserve the environment.
- To promote community Based Tourism
- To Carry out monitoring of Biodiversity
- To train communities in identification and behavior of biodiversity
- To Generate statistics which will be used in monitoring environmental concerns like climate change and also seek as a basis of monitoring.
- To strengthen the organization so as to enhance its capacity to fulfill its mission and vision